Jury Reporting Times and Instructions
Call (402) 444-7673 after 5 p.m. on the day before your scheduled reporting date.
You will need to know your group number, which is on the top portion of your summons.
Listen for your group number for detailed instructions.
- Report to the Legislative Chambers (LC) of the Civic Center, 1819 Farnam St, no later than 8:30 a.m.
- You will be given a juror badge. Please wear this badge during your service as a juror. It identifies you as a juror so that attorneys and parties involved in a case will not discuss a case with you.
- While serving as a juror do not talk to anyone or let anyone talk to you about any case. Report any impropriety of this nature to the Presiding Judge or to the Judge before whom the case is being tried.
- After you have been discharged as a juror, you may or may not, at your discretion, talk to anyone regarding your jury service.
- Smoking is not permitted in the courtrooms, jury rooms, or Jury Assembly Room.
- Talking is not permitted in the courtrooms while court is in session.
- Anyone whose employers require that they present a letter verifying their service as a juror may obtain the letter in the Clerk's office on the 3rd floor of the Hall of Justice at the close of their term as a juror.
- It is hoped that after you complete your service as a juror you do so with the conviction that you have discharged a serious responsibility in a conscientious manner and that you have dealt out evenhanded justice according to the evidence of the law.
- Personally, you should derive lasting benefits from your service, learn something of how the judicial branch of your government works, and acquire a feeling of satisfaction for having played a worthwhile part in seeing that justice is done.
Starting on August 1, 2010 the 17th Street entrance on the East side of the Hall of Justice will be closed. Those reporting for Jury Service and others wishing to do business at the Hall of Justice will need to enter at the Harney Entrance on the South side or the Farnam St. entrance on the North side of the building. A Handicapped Entrance can be found at the Harney Street Entrance.