Background Image Background Image Background Image Background Image

Child Support

Per most court orders, all child support is to be paid through the court, or the NCSPC.  However, as long as there isn't any public assistance involved, the CDC can accept a notarized statement to credit child support, or other judgments, paid directly.

The CDC has forms and notaries.

The person who received the payment, the payee of the order, would need to bring a picture ID for the notary. If you are unable to make it to our office, we will accept any statement, whether it be hand written, typed, or prepared on a home computer, as long as what is received at the CDC has the original signature of the payee, and that signature is notarized.

This statement should include:

  • Both parties' names
  • Docket and page number
  • Amount received
  • Date it was received
  • Which judgment applies

If the intention is to satisfy all arrears due, it is usually better to state that than give a specific dollar amount.

If this is a receipt for a judgment tracked through CHARTS, the original is placed in the court file, and a copy, along with a form, is submitted to NHHS for crediting. Our office can only verify format; the staff at NHHS make the final decision on crediting.

If this is a receipt for a judgment tracked through CDC, the original is placed in the court file, and credit is given on the CDC computer system.

Non-Monetary Receipt Form
Full Satisfaction Form

  • If the state is enforcing your child support order, then a notice will be sent from NHHS to your employer.
  • To update employer information, contact Child Support Customer Service at 877-631-9973.
  • The CDC has separate voluntary income withholding forms for judgments that are paid through the CDC and the Nebraska Child Support Payment Center (NCSPC).
  • Before you submit this form to your employer, make sure the form lists the correct payment address.
  • If you have judgments that are paid to both places, you would need to submit two forms, and be sure to explain this to your employer when you submit them.

Income Withholding paid to NCSPC
Income Withholding paid to NCSPC Termination
Income Withholding paid to CDC
Income Withholding paid to CDC Termination

How do I get summer visitation credit against my child support?

                If your court order lists a specific credit for a specific month ( ie a credit of $200 each July ), that credit will be given automatically.

                If your court order states credit should be given conditionally (ie if or when visitation occurs), CDC would need an affidavit. Sometimes the court order will specifically state which party will submit an affidavit. If the order does not state, CDC will accept one from the custodial parent or payee of child support order. If the payor or non-custodial parent is unable to obtain an affidavit from the payee of the order, CDC  will then accept one from the payor  with the condition that if the other party objects, credit will be removed and issue will have to be resolved in court.

                CDC has forms, but does not require that specific form. Affidavit can be typed, handwritten or prepared on a home computer but would need to have an original signature and that signature witnessed by a notary. There are notaries at CDC, so the form could be prepared and notarized at CDC. A state issued picture ID is required for the notary. Affidavit should include the party's names, the court order or docket number of case, the exact days of visitation, and dollar amount to be credited as stated per decree or court order for visitation.

                Once received, the affidavit will be filed and become part of court record. A copy, along with a form and copy of court order will be submitted to HHS to credit.

                If your court order does not address any credits against child support when visitation occurs, the custodial parent or payee of the child support can choose to submit a receipt to give credit, but CDC would be unable to give any credit based on an affidavit from the payor.

 Visitation Affidavit (Payee)

 Visitation Affidavit (Payor)

The office is open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm .  The office does not close for lunch.

(No photo or certified copy requests after 4:00 pm , due to processing time.) 

  • The interest is determined by the date the court order is signed by the judge.
  • Child support and Spousal Support are due on the 1st (usually), delinquent on the 2nd, and do not accrue interest for 30 days.
  • Prior to October 2010, The State did not allow the 30 day grace period for Spousal support.
  • An interest rate chart is located on the Nebraska Supreme Court website.

  • Spousal support that is on the same child support case
  • Child Support
  • Specific dollar amount medical support/reimbursement

is paid through the Nebraska Child Support Payment Center.

Mailing address:
PO Box 82600
Lincoln, NE  68501-2600

Customer service number:
877) 631-9973 

  • Spousal support with no child support on a case
  • Property settlement payments
  • Child care expenses
  • Financial responsibility on juvenile cases
  • Percentage medical support orders

is paid through:

The Clerk of the District Court
Hall of Justice
Room 300
Omaha , NE 68183

Payments should include:

  • Parties names
  • Docket and page number
  • Indicate which judgment payment applies

300 Hall of Justice
1701 Farnam Street, 3rd Floor
Omaha , NE 68183

(402) 444-7018 

Get Adobe Reader

Douglas County Video Tour