Background Image Background Image Background Image Background Image

How to ...

Contact the Accounting Department (at 402-444-7600), two or more days after your case is finished.

Provide the Docket and Page number of your case and they will guide you through the process.

Office policy requires prepayment of all copies requested.  All requests are subject to availability of records at the time the inquiry is made.

To Obtain Copies:
You may come into the Clerk of the District Court's Office or, submit your request in writing. If you are coming into the office, be sure to call ahead to ensure that your file is available to have copies made from, as many files are archived and would need to be retrieved.

When submitting your request by writing, you will need to contact us to discover how much your particular request will cost, as our fees are based upon the number of pages of the documents you are requesting.


Please mail the completed form to:
The Clerk of the District Court
300 Hall of Justice
1701 Farnam Street, 3rd Floor
Omaha, NE 68183

The court has 72 hours to respond to your request once received.

General Fees: 
Photo Copies - Contact 402-444-7619 for price information

Certified Copies (1 seal) - Contact 402-444-7613 for price information

Authenticated Copies (3 seals) - Contact 402-444-7613 for price information


Public access terminals are located in the lobby of the Clerk of District Court's Office.

300 Hall of Justice
1701 Farnam Street, 3rd Floor
Omaha , NE 68183

(402) 444-7018  

Our office does not do Civil background searches. 

We have public access terminals in our office that you can use to do a search on your own, or if you are not able to come into our office you would need to find someone to do that for you.

Public Access Terminal location:
300 Hall of Justice
1701 Farnam Street, 3rd Floor
Omaha , NE 68183

(402) 444-7018  

The Clerk of the District Court does not perform background searches on criminal cases.

Information being sought regarding charges or dispositions can either be directed to the
originating agency or the Nebraska State Patrol. 

  • Omaha Police Department - 402-444-5600
  • Douglas County Sheriff      - 402-599-2608
  • Nebraska State Patrol       - 402-471-4545

Contact the attorney for the person awarded the Judgment. 

You can either go to the Law Library located on the first floor of the Civic Center to do your own research, or there is a Self Help Desk that is run by legal professionals to help the public across the hall from the Law Library open Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 10 AM to 2 PM. 

All District Court records can now be accessed on the Nebraska Justice System.  

All cases, in order to function in the system, needed to have a Justice Case ID assigned to them, and if you are trying to locate your case by case number, you will need to know the number that has been assigned. The Docket to Justice Case ID web tool can be used to translate your Docket Number to one usable on their website.

Choices to contact:

Creighton Legal Clinics at (402) 280-3068
Nebraska State Bar Association has information regarding the following:

Volunteer Lawyers Project
Legal Aid of Nebraska
Lawyer Referral Service (Nebraska Equal Justice)

Get Adobe Reader

Douglas County Video Tour